About the Chapter
The Central Iowa Chapter of the National Weather Association's goal is to improve the weather knowledge of the general public.
The chapter works on projects with the goal of benefiting the local community. We also provide grants for various weather-related projects. For more information about our chapter, please browse the rest of our website.
Visit the National Organization
*** Conference Update - Invited Speakers (11/14/2019) ***
To kick off our 24th conference, we are bringing in some very special invited speakers:
- Tim Marshall, Haag Engineering, will be our banquet speaker, discussing tornado damage within heavily urban areas, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Lubbock F5.
- Josh Morgerman, iCyclone.com, will describe his experience during Hurricane Dorian's devastating strike in the Bahamas.
- Adam Clark, NSSL, will give two talks, one on recent NOAA Hazardous Weather Testbed Spring Forecast experiments, and the other on the May 20, 2019 High Risk failure event.
- Adam Houston, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, will speak on the TORUS project.
- Jason Dunn, NWS-DFW, will speak on the Dallas TX tornadoes of October 20, 2019.
- Tyler Roney, KDLT-TV in Sioux Falls, SD, will speak on the nocturnal tornado event that hit the city on the night of September 10, 2019.
News & Announcements
Thursday, November 14th, 7pm
Agronomy Hall, ISU
2020 Conference Dates
March 26th - 28th