2017 Severe Storms & Doppler Radar Conference
Conference Agenda Available Here!
*** Conference Update - Invited Speakers (02/21/2017) ***
To kick off our 21st conference, we are bringing in some very special invited speakers:
- Matt Kumjian, The Pennsylvania State University, will discuss dual-polarization radar and its application to severe weather.
- Roger Wakimoto, outgoing National Science Foundation Assistant Director for Atmospheric Sciences and current President-Elect of the Amer. Meteor. Soc., will discuss the use
of new technologies in tornado damage surveys and what can be learned from the surveys.
- Bryan Karrick, News13 Orlando, FL, will talk about the Challenges presented by Hurricane Matthew.
- Steve Weiss, Storm Prediction Center, will discuss the tornado outbreak in Indiana in August 2016.
- Dave Nussbaum, WWLTV, New Orleans, LA, will present on their coverage of the New Orleans tornado.
- Ann and Bob Dixson, retired District Magistrate Judge and mayor of Greensburg respectively, will give the banquet keynote on a look back at the impact of the Greensburg, KS EF5 tornado, the recovery and transformation into a "Green Community" over 10 years.
- Shawn Wolford, Homeland Security and Emergency Management Director, Nicholas County, WV, will talk about the devastating WV floods in June 2016.