2019 Severe Storms & Doppler Radar Conference
Apply for a Central Iowa NWA Scholarship - See Links to right!!
*** Abstract submission deadline Thursday, February 28, 2019 ***
Abstracts are encouraged on all aspects of severe weather. Send abstracts to Dr. William Gallus at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate if you would prefer an oral or poster presentation
March 28th - March 30th, 2019
Courtyard by Marriott
*** Conference Update - Invited Speakers (01/10/2019) ***
To kick off our 23rd conference, we are bringing in some very special invited speakers:
- Dr. Leigh Orf, University of Wisconsin-Madison, will be our banquet speaker and present his amazing super high-resolution modeling results of a tornadic thunderstorm.
- Dr. Matt Parker, North Carolina State University, will cover the challenges of predicting whether or not a rotating storm produces a tornado.
- Stanley Kite, Director of Craven County Emergency Management, will speak on Hurricane Florence's impacts.
- Justin Kiefer from WMBB-TV in Panama City will discuss Hurricane Michael.
- Gayland Hitch (Emergency Manager from Moore, OK) will take a look back at the 1999 Moore F5 tornado.
- Alex Hoon, NWS - Reno, will cover the Redding, CA firenado of 2017 and the recent Camp fire.
- Gina Eosco, Office of Weather and Air Quality, will discuss weather hazard communication.
- Additional speakers will cover the July 19 Iowa tornado outbreak and severe flash flooding in Des Moines in June.
- Another popular, hands-on, interactive radar workshop.