Apply for a Central Iowa NWA Scholarship - See Links to right!!
*** Abstract submission deadline Tuesday, February 28, 2023 ***
Abstracts are encouraged on all aspects of severe weather. Send abstracts to Dr. William Gallus at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate if you would prefer an oral or poster presentation
2023 Severe Storms and Doppler Radar Conference
Presented by the Central Iowa NWA Chapter
March 23rd - March 25th, 2023
Courtyard by Marriott
Regular Registration: $195
Student Registration: $90
*** Conference Update - Confirmed Speakers (12/29/2022) ***
The following speakers are confirmed for this years conference:
- James Spann, ABC 33/40, will look back on the 2011 SuperOutbreak and discuss how things might be different if it happened now.
- Brantley Hargrove, author of "The Man Who Caught the Storm", will be our banquet speaker covering the life of accomplishments of Tim Samaras.
- Matt Kumjian, Pennsylvania State University, will discuss the current state of hail forecasting.
- Cameron Nixon, Central Michigan University, will demonstrate the use of hodographs to diagnose severe weather threat.
- Pam Heinselman, NSSL, will explore the Warn On Forecast system.
- Kenzie Krocak, University of Oklahoma/CSWIRO, will cover what social science research tells us about our tornado warning process.
- Dio Ayala, Madison County Iowa Emergency Management, will speak on on the Winterset Iowa EF-4 tornado of March 2022.
- Dustin Jordan, SOO, NWS-Jackson, KY, will discuss the devastating flooding in eastern Kentucky during summer 2022.
- Dan Allers, Mayor, Ft. Myers Beach, FL, will cover the impact of Hurricane Ian on his community, and share his own fascinating survival story.