2018 Severe Storms & Doppler Radar Conference
2018 Conference Agenda Available Here!
*** Conference Update - Invited Speakers (02/26/2018) ***
To kick off our 22nd conference, we are bringing in some very special invited speakers:
- Bill Read, Texas A&M University, Galveston and former Director of the National Hurricane Center, will discuss Hurricane Harvey in Houston area.
- Patrick Marsh (Storm Prediction Center) will cover latest happenings at SPC, and look back at 2017 severe weather.
- Julie Demuth (National Center for Atmospheric Research) will talk about the public reaction to warnings, and use of social media to convey hazardous weather information.
- Erik Rasmussen (NSSL/CIMMS) will discuss the theories and processes regarding tornadogenesis.
- Josh Wurman (Center for Severe Weather Research) will give the banquet talk entitled "There's more to life than Tornadoes: Keeping busy with Hurricanes, MCSs in the northern and
southern hemispheres, Eclipses, Fires, Snowstorms, Boundary Layers, Typhoons, and a COW (our newest radar).....and tornadoes too."
- Chris Luhring (Parkersburg City Administrator, former Police Chief) will look back on the 10th anniversary of the Parkersburg EF5 tornado and discuss how the city has recovered.
- L.D. McMullen, former direction of Des Moines Waterworks, as part of a look back at the Great Midwestern Floods of 1993