2020 Conference Agenda
Thank you for your interest in the 2020 ONLINE Severe Storms and Doppler Radar Conference.
2020 ONLINE Conference Agenda
Click here for the recording of the the Live Stream!
Click here for additional slides, posters, and recordings
*** Virtual Conference Update - Confirmed Speakers (03/25/2020) ***
The following speakers have been confirmed for the March 27th, 2020 virtual conference:
- Tim Marshall, Haag Engineering, will be our banquet speaker, discussing tornado damage within heavily urban areas, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Lubbock F5.
- Josh Johnson, WSFA-TV Montgomery, AL, will discuss what his station did to warn viewers during the deadly Beauregard, AL EF4 tornado of March 3, 2019.
- Jana Houser, Ohio University, will present on "Recent Advances in our Understanding of Tornadogenesis."
- Adam Clark, NSSL, will give two talks, one on recent NOAA Hazardous Weather Testbed Spring Forecast experiments, and the other on the May 20, 2019 High Risk failure event.
- Adam Houston, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, covering "Using Unmanned Aircraft Systems for Severe Local Storms Research and Forecasting".
- Jason Dunn, NWS-DFW, will speak on the Dallas, TX tornadoes of October 20, 2019.
- Tyler Roney, KDLT-TV in Sioux Falls, SD, will speak on the nocturnal tornado event that hit the city on the night of September 10, 2019.
- Brian Bajenbruch, SOO, NWS-Omaha, on flood impacts in eastern Nebraska and the evacuation of WFO Omaha.
- Jeremey Wesley, NWS-Hasting, speaking on flood impacts in central Nebraska, and how they provided backup operations during the evacuation of NWS-Omaha.