*** Conference Update - Invited Speakers (12/13/2017) ***
To kick off our 22nd conference, we are bringing in some very special invited speakers:
- Bill Read (KPRC Hurricane Expert, former Director, National Hurricane Center) will discuss Hurricane Harvey in Houston area.
- Patrick Marsh (Storm Prediction Center) will cover latest happenings at SPC, and look back at 2017 severe weather.
- Julie Demuth (National Center for Atmospheric Research) will talk about the public reaction to warnings, and use of social media to convey hazardous weather information.
- Erik Rasmussen (NSSL/CIMMS) will discuss the theories and processes regarding tornadogenesis.
- Josh Wurman (Center for Severe Weather Research) will give the banquet talk that features the 20th anniversary of Spencer SD tornado and what have improved radars revealed about near-ground tornado winds.
- Chris Luhring (Parkersburg City Administrator, former Police Chief) will look back on the 10th anniversary of the Parkersburg EF5 tornado and discuss how the city has recovered.